They had been expecting to do better than lst year in view of the fact that Warwick was ranked 7th overall in the latest, definitive Research Assessment Exercise.
From what I read in the forums, under the new methodology used by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, "research influence" is the heaviest weighted section of the rankings which is based at research paper citations.
According to Phil Baty, Editor, Times Higher Education World University Rankings:
"Based on citations data from 12,000 high impact academic journals over five years, Wawrick's research does not appear to be very influential."Anyway, here are the top 10 British Universities:
- 6 University of Cambridge UK
- 6 University of Oxford UK
- 9 Imperial College London UK
- 22 University College London UK
- 40 University of Edinburgh UK
- 68 University of Bristol UK
- 77 King’s College London UK
- 79 University of Sussex UK
- 81 University of York UK
- 85 Durham University UK